Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Colorful Explosions!

As part of our colors and rainbows unit, we did colorful explosions! I did this last summer, and still had the pictures hanging up in our science center and the kids have been asking when were we going to do it this summer. We used baking soda, vinegar, food coloring, glitter and bowls. I set the bowls in the top of a large rubber maid container to help catch the explosion. 





Next I got our cupcake container, which we usually use for sorting, so that each student could do their own explosion. We put the baking soda in a couple of the containers and then each student was able to pick which color they wanted to mix in with their vinegar. 



 


The cupcake container was great because it helped to contain the mess plus it was the perfect size for small explosions! If you are going to do this with a group of students it was so much easier than when we used bowls last summer, plus less mess to clean up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I reply to comments on my blog as well as through email.