Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Scrapbook Paper Covered Clothes Pins!

I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics to share my scrapbook covered clothes pins that I made!

I bought a pack of 50 clothes pins from Walmart and grabbed a few sheets of scrapbook paper from my supplies, mod podge and my craft knife. I started out by covering one side of the clothes pin with mod podge.

Next I laid the clothes pin down on the scrapbook paper.


lining up the clothes pins on the scrapbook paper

I gave the mod podge about 15 minutes to dry (some took a little longer. If it's not completely dry then it does not cut as well). Then I used my craft knife to cut around the edges of the clothes pin.


Ta da! I made 2 different sets. I did cover both sides of the clothes pin so that no matter what they get used for both sides are pretty :)

red/yellow/orange covered clothes pins


I love this scrapbook paper!


After making these I really want to try to make some glitter covered ones next to use for displays. While working on this project it gave me lots of ideas for fun clothes pins to make, such as math themed ones for my math displays and I need to get some beach/tropical themed scrapbook paper to make beachy ones too. I'll be sure to share any ones that I make in the future!

Don't forget to enter my 1 year blog anniversary giveaway! 


16 comments:

  1. These turned out beautifully! This project is on my list for this week, so thanks for the tips :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! I made the glitter ones this weekend. I wasn't sure if I could handle cutting all those little pieces of paper!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I really like these! I think I'm going to make some next week...they would be really cute for the Daily 5 chart and the behaviour clip chart I use. Thanks for sharing.

    Secondgradealicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling! I'm going to have to make some for the other teachers in my grade level in their colors!

    Lizzy from *The Teacher Chick*

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out very cute! I need to make a few for my classroom.

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally on my to do list! Thanks for the easy way to make these. You are the best!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those turned out really cute!! I have had glittered clothespins on my to-do list for a while, but I ended up buying some the other day...I took the lazy way out... :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scrapbook covered clothespins turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing!

    Dee
    Mrs. B's Nook

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those! So cute! I am adding them to my to-do list!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! I've been wanting to do this. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Kristina
    Mrs. Z & Company

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first, I thought...holy cow! Now, great idea! Love how you glued them down and then used the craft knife!
    Super cute!
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the share! it's really amazing!
    scuba diving gear packages

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I reply to comments on my blog as well as through email.