Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Snowmen At Night Art Project

We have started out our snow/winter/arctic unit focusing on snow and snowmen. After reading "Snowmen at Night" by Caralyn Buehner we did our own snowmen at night art project. We used black construction paper, white paint, white glitter, white tissue paper and some colorful tissue paper (because I was informed that our snowmen needed eyes and buttons). The students created their paintings however they wanted to, and then they described their snowmen to me and I wrote a short explanation to go along with each painting telling about the snowman and what they do at night. We had some very entertaining stories about our snowmen, snowgirls and snow people including going to school at night, racing dump trucks, going to the zoo and having birthday parties. 

These 2 are hanging out in a snowstorm. 

This is a happy snowman because he has not melted yet. 

This snowman has glowing eyes and buttons so that you can see him at night. 

Tomorrow we are starting our "Lets Build a Snowman" books. 

Are you doing any snowman themed art projects with your students? I have one more snowman themed art project to do towards the end of our unit focusing on melting snowmen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! I reply to comments on my blog as well as through email.